Do you love root beer? Want to know how to make root beer? If so, you’re in luck! Root beer is a delicious drink that can be enjoyed by people of all ages. It’s perfect for a hot summer day or any day for that matter!
In this blog post, we are going to teach you how to make your very own batch of delicious root beer at home. It’s easy and fun, and you probably have most of the ingredients already! It’s actually a lot easier than you might think.
All you need is a few simple ingredients and a little bit of time. We will go over the basics of how to make root beer below. So read on and get ready to start brewing!
What is Root Beer?
Root beer is a carbonated, sweetened beverage that is flavored with herbs, spices, and roots. It’s dark brown in color and has a unique flavor that is loved by many. Root beer is traditionally made with sassafras root, but nowadays you can find root beer made with other ingredients such as ginger or vanilla. This beer is generally consumed as a soft drink, but it can also be made into an alcoholic beverage.
What is Root Beer Made From?
Root beer is made from a variety of different ingredients. The most important ingredient is the sassafras root. This root gives root beer its unique flavor. Other ingredients include yeast, brown sugar, and flavorings (such as vanilla, ginger, or nutmeg).
These ingredients are combined and fermented to create the delicious beverage that we all know and love. Know how many ounces in a can of beer are.
How To Make Root Beer
Root beer is very easy to make at home! All you need is a few simple ingredients and some basic equipment. We are going to see all the ingredients first and then the procedure to make root beer. Let’s get started.
If you want to make root beer, then you must have the following ingredients:
- 1 tablespoon sarsaparilla root bark
- 1-gallon filtered water
- 1 tablespoon birch bark
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 3 star anise pods
- 1 vanilla bean (split and scraped)
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed ginger
- 4 sprigs of chocolate mint
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ale yeast
If you don’t have any of these ingredients, don’t worry! You can easily find them at your local grocery store or online.
How To Make Root Beer Easily
Now that we have all the ingredients, it’s time to start brewing! Here’s how to make root beer in a step-by-step process:
- First, sterilize all of your equipment. This is important to prevent any bacteria from contaminating your root beer. You can do this by boiling all of your equipment in water for about 15 minutes.
- Next, combine the water, sassafras, sarsaparilla, birch, mint, star anise, ginger, and vanilla in a medium saucepan.
- Bring the mixture to a boil and then reduce it to a simmer.
- Cook for about ten minutes and then remove the pot from the heat. Cover the pot and let it steep for two hours.
- After two hours, strain the liquid through a fine mesh strainer lined with cheesecloth into a large pot.
- Add the remaining water, brown sugar, and molasses to the mixture and stir until it is all integrated. Cover the pot.
- Let the mixture cool to 75°F and then stir in the yeast. Let it sit for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, fill plastic bottles with the root beer mixture, leaving about two inches of space at the top of each bottle.
- Screw on the caps and store the bottles at room temperature for at least 36 hours.
- After 36 hours, open a bottle slowly and carefully to see if it is carbonated enough. If it is, then proceed to the next step. If not, reseal the bottle and let it rest for another 12 to 24 hours until desired carbonation is reached.
- Once the root beer is carbonated, place the bottles in the refrigerator for at least two days before drinking.
- Root beer that has been refrigerated will last for about one month. Enjoy!
- This is how to make root beer easily.
Also, check out this guide on the best plastic beer glasses for your home.
How Long Can We Store Root Beer?
Root beer that has been properly stored can last for up to one year. However, it is best to consume it within the first few months for the best flavor. This delicious beverage is perfect for summertime BBQs, picnics, and parties! It’s also a great way to beat the heat on a hot day.
More Similar Articles To Look:
Now that you know how to make root beer, it’s time to get brewing! This delicious beverage is perfect for summer BBQs, picnics, and more. We hope this article on how to make root beer was helpful. Happy brewing! Cheers! Keep visiting our ChillBeer.net website for more information.